Hereinafter, all the services accessible through the Website are referred to as the “Service” and the “Services”.
However, we can not determine if a visitor is older than 16 years. We thereby advice parents to be involved with the online activities of their children. This way, parents can prevent that personal information from children will be processed without parental consent. If you are convinced that we are processing personal information about minors, contact us via email@example.com, and we will remove this information.
1. Respect for the privacy of everyone, including children
SMART undertakes to respect the Belgian and European privacy laws, accessible via the following website: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be.
SMART pays special attention to your privacy, the privacy of children. The present policy applies to the latter.
2. Method for the collection of your personal details
Your personal details are collected based on questionnaires that you need to fill in (including but not limited to the membership sign up questionnaire).
It is important that you know that you are in no way obliged to send us personal details of yourself.
If you want to play all the levels of our games, you will have to create a member account and give us at least with the following obligatory personal details:
- a nickname (not your own name),
- a valid e-mail address,
- and your date of birth.
If your parents don’t agree with all that, we ask them to contact us, using the coordinates listed below under title 10.
3. Required and optional personal details
You can be invited to fill in digital forms / questionnaires in which certain fields are required to fill in. This will be clearly indicated with a red asterisk (*). The other fields (without red asterisk) are not necessary to fill in.
The purpose of the optional field is to allow you to add extra information to your profile, allow SMART to contact you more quickly and / or to obtain information that is relevant in the context of the Website.
4. Cookies, Log Files and Data Storage
While using the Service, SMART may send you so called “cookies”.
A cookie is a small amount of computer data that is sent to your browser from our Website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Although cookies are required if you want to benefit of all the features of our Website, you can always refuse to accept cookies by changing the related settings of your browser. If you don’t understand how to do this, please ask one of your parents to help you.
SMART can only collect your personal details for one of the following goals:
- for the registration and participation in the Website (including but not limited to the creation of a member account);
- to add extra information to your member profile;
- for research and statistical goals;
- to enable SMART or its partners to contact you concerning the Website and all of its features or additional related services;
- to improve the content and quality of the Website;
- to draw up collective profiles (not of individual people);
- to enable SMART to take appropriate measures in case you violate your obligation(s) towards SMART;
6. Right of access to and correction of your personal details.
SMART will answer you as soon as possible, after we have checked who you are.
In case of a mistake, inaccuracy or hiatus regarding your personal details, you can of course ask us to correct or change the information.
If you believe that SMART does not respect your privacy rights, you can contact us via the contact details mentioned below under title 10.
7. Consent and removal
If you want your personal details to be removed from our database, please contact us by e-mail or post using the contact details mentioned below in article 10. We will remove your personal details as soon as possible, except of course if we may not do that in pursuance of the law or an agreement.
8. Property and transfer to third parties
Your personal details will not be transferred to other people, with the exception of
- Combell (website hosting)
- MediaBytes (developer)
- Ingenico & Paypal (online payments)
- Sendinblue (emailing)
- Google Analytics (website statistics)
- members of the SMART Group
Last update: 15 May 2018